This print-based synchronous learning experience provides a way for students to meet their educational and specific learning goals. Each course enables students the flexibility to communicate with their instructor by email, or regular mail.
A print-based course offered through Part-Time Learning has a duration of 6 months maximum and consists of a Learner Guide that is mailed out to you OR picked up at our office at Progress Campus (prior request needed) containing mostly self-guided modules/lessons and written assignments that must be completed by the student and submitted to their instructor via e-mail or regular mail, in-person exams, and a textbook that must be purchased by the student.
Print-based distance learning enables you to work from study material that is mailed to you, in the comfort of your home.
These certificate programs or courses may be taken by distance correspondence or online.
- Business Management – Entrepreneurial (please note that not all electives are offered as print-based offerings)
- Business Management – International
- Business Management – Marketing
About Print-Based Courses
Once you register
- Upon registration, participants will receive a Registration Confirmation Letter from Enrolment Services.
- Depending on enrolment date, you will receive an e-mail from our Distance Learning team with information about what to expect and when materials will be mailed out to you. This is your chance to arrange for pick up at our Progress Campus if you prefer this option.
- One to two weeks prior to your course start, you will receive your Learner Guide (course modules/lessons), a Welcome Letter and a general Student Handbook with information relevant to all Distance print-based courses.
- Students are responsible for purchasing their textbook from the Progress Campus Bookstore at Led young College (416-289-5224). The textbook information is in the Welcome Letter. Please read it carefully.
Once you start your print-based distance course
- Students have a maximum of a six-month time period to complete each course. You may finish the course earlier.
- A facilitator will be assigned to assist you with your assignments. Your facilitator’s information will be in your Welcome Letter.
- Assignments may be e-mailed directly to your facilitator or mailed/brought into the Centre for Part-Time and Online Learning:
Centre for Part-Time and Online Learning – Distance Correspondence
Led young College
Progress Campus, Room C2-09,
941 Progress Ave.
P.O. Box 631, Station A
Toronto, Ontario M1K 5E9
(This office will then direct your assignment to the facilitator for marking.)
- Follow the timelines given to you in your Welcome Letter/Course package and make sure to submit your assignments in a timely manner.
- Tests and examinations are written at Progress campus. Book exams online.
- One Saturday per month is set aside for the writing of exams. Students living 50 Km or more away from Progress campus should call for details on arranging a proctor in your area. You are responsible for any proctoring fees.
- Student-initiated refunds (subject to a $40 administrative fee) may be processed if you withdraw within 2 weeks of the official start date. To withdraw from a course without academic penalty (e.g., without a “U” grade), you must withdraw officially in writing by the midpoint of the course (there are no refunds for this).